Everyone’s Loving Infographics – Here’s Why
September 1st 2014 | By Steve Grant
Infographics have certainly become a growing trend of late. Statistics say infographic search volumes increased by more than 800% between 2010 and 2012. But what exactly are infographics, and should you be adopting them as part of your marketing campaign?
In a nutshell, infographics are ‘graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly’. That’s the technical explanation. In laymen’s terms, it’s something that takes statistics and displays them in a graphical format that’s easy to understand.
Visual aids really do help deliver a message. With so much information available across the web, collating it in a way that’s engaging and easy to follow has got to be a good idea. Especially when you consider that research shows 90% of the information we remember is based on visual impact.
Why Use Infographics?
We like infographics: they offer plenty of benefits. Here are a few of them:
- Graphics are more eye-catching than text based presentations. Imagery and charts cleverly designed to capture attention through movement and bold colours will always win hands down.
- Internet surfers tend to scan rather than read, so graphical presentations make the whole thing much easier.
- Graphics stick in the mind more than text, so your readers will take much more away with them with an infographic.
- Infographics are much shared across social media and the web and will stand a much higher chance of going viral than text based reports. If you publish an infographic on your WordPress site then it will auto-generate code to embed the graphic in another site, which will give you a link back. All good for search engine marketing and traffic driving.
- Infographics engage audiences and can be a fun way of presenting otherwise complex or boring information.
- You can get your branding right at the heart of an infographic which is great for brand reinforcement.
If you’d like some help creating a visually appealing, engaging infographic, we’d love to help so please get in touch.